Tuesday, October 10, 2006

On Your Feet or On Your Knees

I have tried my hand at being a male dom, I'm pretty good at it too. I suppose I could be labelled a switch because I do enjoy taking the lead and controlling a woman but my heart, my true feelings are definitely submissive.
As a dom I'm very caring, doting and punish not for the sake of it, but to better her as a woman. I punish because she's let me down or not lived up to her potential. It's unnecessary to make up infractions just to punish. While I realize there is a great amount of pleasure in it, it's main purpose is to guide and teach and I emphasize that as a dom. Rarely do I "scene" or punish for no reason. Each act has an underlying message; either to teach her how to please me or be a better woman, to strengthen her orgasm, deepen her submissive feelings or to share a special intimacy her and I share. I understand the need for play, and enjoy it very much, but even when deep into frivilous play I always feel there is something deeper. It touches her deeply, emotionally and intimately as a woman. She may be afraid of this side of herself or be unaware of what is inside her and I'm allowing- encouraging- her to feel it. I want her to be vulnerable, be open, feel and perhaps even hurt. She learns how to be tactile and open to every sensation- touching, tasting, hearing, feeling, smelling. Too many people remain on level one of their sexual awareness, hurtling towards orgasm as the destination, never realizing there is much more. They miss the many things in between and never exercise their sexual potential.
I want her submission to be a starting point for her feelings for me. By submitting she will desire then crave, and eventually~ hopefully~ love me.
I have tried to refrain from getting too involved with those that look at it as merely a new flavor, something to put on and try before going back to the pattern of sex they are used too. I'm all for vanilla sex, it has it's place, but submission and domination and deep in the layers of my skin, in the breath and in my blood. It's a part of me as much as the color of my hair and it's not just a different flavor for me. It is at the heart of my relationships.
I don't think of it as a physical act though there is that side to it. When deep in a scene- whether submitting or dominating- it can be spiritual, the way making love should be. I believe it should be emotional- it's an intimate bound that makes you suffer when she's away or yearn when she's not there.
As a dom I think of myself as a guardian. Even if the sub is a strong woman and accomplished much, I pamper her and look after her as one would a pet or a young child. I lead her with strength and authority, tempered by kindness. I nurture her submissive nature and shower her with attention which is why I punish as I do. When a girl disappoints me when I have given her every opportunity to excel and please me, it is my duty to guide and direct her. I correct her and teach her why she let me down, while making sure she will do better next time. That is the essence of domination- guidance and discipline.

Some may call me a switch and in some ways I suppose I am, I still have fantasies of dominating a woman and thoroughly enjoy it when I meet a true submissive woman and I have the honor of guiding her but I know this side of me stems from my submissive nature. I really am giving in to the woman's desires by allowing her to be submissive. I let her enjoy herself and give her reign to be controlled. It is a masquerade in some ways. While I could never submit to some women because they seem to submissive to me, if given the choice I would much rather be on my knees than on my feet.

1 Comments:

Blogger helpmate hubby said...

Wanted to LYK that i love your blog so far and actually like the name of as "Submissive in the City" it relfects a restless sub looking for love in an urban setting. I'm sure many can relate.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home